Effective Date: September 5, 2012
This site automatically collects information on our server logs from your web browser regarding your use of the Site. Examples of information we collect automatically from all users include the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and full Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on the Site.
We collect and use information only as anonymous, aggregated user data for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control and administering and improving the Site.
Collection and Registration of Personal Information
We may request users of the Site to provide personal information. The information collected from a user is strictly voluntary and may include contact information such as the user’s name, e-mail address, and postal address. In order to access certain content and to make use of the full functionality and advanced personalization features of the Site, we may ask you to register and obtain a personal User Name and Password.
The information collected from the registration form that is presented to users when they choose to register may include contact information such as the name, address, phone number, user’s name, e-mail address, principal professional field, areas of interest, and country (“Registration Information”). The Registration Information is linked directly to a personal User Name and Password chosen by the user and can only be retrieved by supplying the correct User Name and Password that is linked to that profile.
How Personal Information Is Used
We may use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
· Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided.
· Website and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agents
· Research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the Site and our services
· Tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits
· Pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting.
· Communicating with you about changes or updates to the Site and our services and, with your consent, special offers, promotions, or market research surveys.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees, agents, representatives and service providers for the purposes set forth above. We will not share your personal information with affiliated group companies and/or with non-affiliated third parties that would want to send you information about their products and services. If we were to pass your personal information to third parties, we will first ask your permission, ask you to tick the appropriate check box when you register for personalized services or access, or, if applicable, or amend your preferences by logging in and clicking on the relevant link at any time on your account administration page.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent except under the following circumstances:
· in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
· if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law; and
· If RentalLogics, the Site or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Access and Changes to Your Registration Information and Preferences
Users may access their identified contact information, and, if applicable, Registration Information, and correct any discrepancies or update information by contacting our Customer Service Department at the address or telephone number detailed below or, if applicable, amending your preferences by logging in and clicking on the relevant link at any time on your account administration page. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
If you wish to receive any notices, alerts or other communications, please tick the appropriate check box when you register for personalized services or access, or, if applicable, amend your preferences by logging in and clicking on the relevant link at any time on your account administration page. If you wish to cease receiving any of this information, amend your preferences either by contacting our Customer Service Department at the address or telephone number detailed below, or, if applicable, amend your preferences by logging in and clicking on the relevant link at any time on your account administration page, or by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe option or other means provided within the communications you receive. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Site whenever necessary.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect from you for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the data by contacting our Customer Service Department at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We recognize that your privacy is important to you, and therefore we endeavor to keep your personal information confidential. The personal and demographic information about each user is stored on our servers that are behind a firewall and physically housed within a secured data center. Furthermore, our internal practices help protect your privacy by limiting employee access to and use of such information. However, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that your personal information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alterations, and do not accept any liability for the security of such information submitted to us nor for your or third parties’ use or misuse of such information.